Some precautions for the operation and use of double-sided tape can not only better operate and use, but also enhance the bonding effect and maximize the utilization.
When the double-sided adhesive is bonded, it needs to be operated in the following manner to obtain an enhanced bonding effect:
1. First, the adhesive surface must be cleaned and dried. Generally, it is recommended to dip a cloth with a mixture of 1:1 IPA (isopropanol) and water to wipe the surface and wait until the surface is completely dry.
2. After the cleaning solvent dries, attach the tape to the adhesive surface and apply a pressure of about 15 PSI (1.05 kg/cm²) with a roller or other means to make it effective.
3. Tear off the release paper of the tape, and then paste the material to be bonded, and apply 15PSI pressure to make it fit effectively. If you need to remove air bubbles, you should increase the pressure to the upper limit of the item’s ability to withstand it.
4. The ideal temperature for pasting is 15-38℃, not lower than 10℃.
5. When adhesive tape is attached, one end should be attached first, and then slowly pressed to the other end to reduce the chance of air bubbles.
Suitable environment requirements for storage of 3M double-sided tape: temperature is 19-23℃, humidity is 40-60%.